ECOSWING (Energy Cost Optimization using Superconducting Wind Generators)
Jeumont Electric (MEDEE member) is developing fast and involved in international projects, including the ambitious ECOSWING European project.
ECOSWING aims at demonstrating world’s first superconducting low-cost and lightweight wind turbine drivetrain demonstrated on a large-scale wind turbine. This prototype generator is planned to operate in the second half of 2017.
Jeumont will use its experience in all types of rotating machines to manufacture the stator.
Period : 2015 – 2019
Budget : €14M
- ENVISION ENERGY APS (DK) (Coordinator)
- JEUMONT ELECTRIC SAS (FR)
- ECO 5 GMBH (DE)
- DELTA ENERGY SYSTEMS GMBH (DE)
- THEVA DUENNSCHICHTTECHNIK GMBH (DE)
- SUMITOMO (SHI) CRYOGENICS OF EUROPE LIMITED (UK)
- GERMANISCHER LLOYD INDUSTRIAL SERVICES GMBH (DE)
- UNIVERSITEIT TWENTE (NL)
- FRAUNHOFER GESELLSCHAFT ZUR FOERDERUNG DER ANGEWANDTEN FORSCHUNG E.V. (DE)
More information on Ecoswing:
About Jeumont Electric:
Jeumont Electric is a recognized specialist in electrical rotating machines, producing generators and motors for a wide variety of markets. The company has recently been selected as a major supplier in the Australian government’s Sea 1000 Future Submarine Program.