These electrical sub-systems are generally composed of an energy storage, power electronics, an electrical machine, their control and an energy management strategy. Within a more global system, they handle important performances only if they are managed in a “System approach” with high interaction with the other sub-systems.
Within the frame of mobile applications, innovative electrical sub-systems should be developed in order to ensure:
- more efficient charging sub-systems,
- higher energy-density storage devices with longer lifetime,
- more reliable and more efficient electric drives,
- more optimized energy management strategies.
The applications will be developed from low to high power :
- new generation mobile devices (energy harvesting Smartphones, tablets, etc.)
- light electric vehicles (eBike, segway, eScooter, etc.)
- appareils electric and hybrid cars and trucks
- low-consumption subways, tranways and trains
- more electric aircrafts and ships.