- Smart grids including smart buildings, micro-grids, the transportation systems integration in the grid (V2G, railway, etc.) and the link with social and human sciences.
- Integrating power electronics in transmission grids including High-voltage direct current (HVDC) networks.
- Transmission and distribution grids: RTE, Enedis, Geredis and the Supergrid Institute
- Renewable energies integration in :
- the grid : Maia Eolis (Engie), EDF and GB Solar
- buildings and micro-grids: Auchan and Engie
- Transportation systems integration in the grid: SNCF, Siemens, Renault, Seolis and Institut Railenium
The North of France scientific community has developed skills on the massive integration of renewable energies and power electronics in grids and their simulation tools. Thanks to this experience, several people from both industrial and academic worlds have launched the PowerGrid Campus that is the French National Research, Innovation and Training platform dedicated to grow the Smart Transmission Power Grid in Europe. It has recently been accredited by the French Government.
Electricity networks developments are supported and validated by :
- Experimentation methodologies development requiring experimental means such as multi-sources, multi-storage and multi-loads systems (wind turbine emulator, micro hydraulic turbine, PV, micro gas turbine, micro grid, buildings loads control, electrical transportation systems, electrical grid real-time simulator)
- Smart Grids demonstrator/laboratories development in full-scale and under actual conditions of use.